Saturday 24 April 2010

Go East young man

At times it felt strange on I-80.  All the signs pointing east and I'm thinking why am I going this way? Everything in the past five years has been pushing to the west.  Pushing upwards in elevation.  Trips home involve quick flights and short stays.  Now I'm committing to over a month on the path of friends, southern food and world class climbing.  
Started the trip off right  in Denver and saw Mike George.  Its refreshing to see old friends and be able to pick up right where you left off.  Despite arriving smelling of stagnant water when I stepped into a wetter ditch than I anticipated during a post construction zone drive that lasted what seemed like hours to a bladder that was going to explode.  The next gas stations involved me cleaning off in the sprinklers then bathroom while laughing at my ridiculous situation.  Road trips are never boring.  

No comments:

Post a Comment